Bereavement Groups in Harrogate
Bereavement groups in Harrogate can be beneficial to individuals, who wish to gain support and an understanding of themselves and their feelings, through hearing others’ experiences in a small, confidential and facilitated group.
Please contact me if you would prefer to receive bereavement counselling and support, on a one on one basis.
I am a Senior Accredited registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists). Accreditation is a recognition by the BACP of having achieved a substantial level of training and experience.
The focus of bereavement groups:-
- Supporting you, in confidence, as you explore your feelings of loss.
- Encouraging you to hear and understand from each others’ experiences of the grief process, from the initial shock stage through to anger, regret and change.
- To promote normalisation. It is not uncommon for individuals to share, that they feel guilty for feeling “nothing,” which is quite normal, yet can be distressing.
- To help you to manage loneliness and discover that you are not alone.
- To offer you the opportunity to gain coping tools and techniques from others and promote personal well- being and positivity.
Details of bereavement groups in Harrogate:-
For information on bereavement groups, please keep an eye on this page, for up to date details.
Bereavement groups will be arranged subject to individual interest, so please contact me to register your interest.
- A max. of 8 members within each group. (Min. of 6).
- Individuals must be aged 18+
- Members must be interdependent of one another and from me, as the facilitator of the group, throughout the duration of our work together.
- Each member, including myself as the facilitator, will agree to respect confidentiality during and after the group ends. This will include any content raised during the sessions.
- Duration of the group is 8 weeks.
- Each session will last 2 hours.