Senior Accredited member of the BACP for Counselling, Supervision and member of the BACP Coaching division.
My extensive counselling experience enables me to support individuals and couples from varied cultures, gender and age brackets and with a diversity of challenges.
Clients come to me for counselling for both a short period of time around six weeks to a year plus of psychotherapy based work, depending on you and the level of change that you want to make.
Concerns range from depression, anxiety/panic attacks and stress, marriage, relationship and childhood issues, bereavement, abuse, infertility, work related issues, illness and life changes.
- BACP senior accredited counsellor and supervisor in Harrogate with experience of over 10,000 client hours. I have been in private practice for the last 12 years.
My counselling experience includes:-
- Counselling within NHS surgeries those who are undergoing medical treatment and have emotional issues connected with illness and life challenges, via GP referrals.
- Supporting individuals and couples through anxiety and concerns with personal and work related relationships.
- Supporting people through bereavement, loss and life changes within a bereavement service.
- Counselling those who have survived adult and childhood rape and sexual abuse, in a city centre rape crisis centre.
- Counselling and supporting teenagers and young adults within a city centre agency.
- Supporting mature adults and their relatives through the challenges of retirement, life changes, dementia and illness, within a senior care organisation.
- Counselling and supporting business employees with work stress or home related concerns, via employee assistance programme (EAP) referrals.
- Counselling clients referred via health insurance organisations.
- I have experience of working within corporate environments in a management and coaching role and I understand the pressures on employees working within a tiered and competitive structure.