Senior Accredited registered member of the BACP for Counselling and member of the BACP Coaching division.
My broad counselling experience and Senior Accredited membership of the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists), enables me to support individuals and couples from varied cultures, gender and age brackets and with a diversity of challenges, such as bereavement, depression, anxiety, bullying, work, school and relationship related issues.
I am qualified and trained to support clients in both short and long term work, depending on your needs and choice.
Accreditation is a recognition by the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists) of having achieved a substantial level of training and experience. I have experience of over 5,000 client hours.
My counselling experience includes:-
- Counselling within NHS surgeries those who are undergoing medical treatment and have emotional issues connected with illness and life challenges, via GP referrals.
- Supporting individuals and couples through anxiety and concerns with personal and work related relationships.
- Supporting people through bereavement, loss and life changes within a bereavement service.
- Counselling those who have survived adult and childhood rape and sexual abuse, in a city centre rape crisis centre.
- Counselling and supporting teenagers and young adults within a city centre agency.
- Supporting mature adults and their relatives through the challenges of retirement, life changes, dementia and illness, within a senior care organisation.
- Counselling and supporting business employees with work stress or home related concerns, via employee assistance programme (EAP) referrals.
- Counselling clients referred via health insurance organisations.
- I have experience of working within corporate environments in a management and coaching role and I understand the pressures on employees working within a tiered and competitive structure.